Do you balance your checkbook/Bank Account

I don't balance my checkbook since I can look at my account online. I bank with Wachovia and I can just login and see how much is in my accounts and holds and that stuff.

My husband also pays most of the bills out of his account, so I don't need to worry about other bills hitting.

How do you guys keep track of your money?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 6:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• We don't. We spend what we need and that's it. Online baking is excellent and we look at our online info when needed.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• always...it drives me crazy if i don't
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If I do not put all the bills in the check book my DH will just spend all the money in the bank.
    He does not know what leave in the bank means. I have told him. What's in the check book is what you can spend.

Answer by louise2 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes, I balance it. If I didn't checks would be bouncing left and right.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Always. I always know how much is in each of our accounts and what is coming in and going out, to the penny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes, always
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I reconcile my account at least once a week; usually every day

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We use online bill pay, but I still keep a checkbook register that way I know what money I realy "should" have, not what the bank says I have. I just compare it and reconcile it about every 2 weeks. We (I) only take money out twice a month and we don't use an ATM...we are cash only so we don't overspend.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes we do. Online accounts can be tricky- and if a check takes a while to clear it makes it super easy to over spend and then bounce something.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• WE dont have a checking or savings account so we only use cash. We ALWAYS know how much we have and how much we can spend. IF we dont have it we cant spend it. Cant get us in trouble like a checking account can.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2011