Part-Time Employed Mommies:

What do you use your paychecks for?

My paychecks are mostly my own spending money. From time to time I'll help out with the bills but for the most part my husband pays them. I use my money for the cell phone bill and things like activities with my son throughout the week. And of course, grocery money and stuff like that since my husband doesn't do that kind of shopping.

(For the record, I used to work full time and paid all the bills while my husband stayed home. I've had some ladies bash me before because I didn't pay the bills with my measly paycheck...)

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 6:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• its our second marriage so we each have our own bills. i give him a set amount for morgage/utilities and i pay for our food. i pay my car payment, my cell, my insurance and have my own savings/retirement. works for us.....
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• All money goes into the joint account for bills, etc. We don't have specific money in different places, it's all in the same pot.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Covering extra stuff, if I want lunch. Sometimes it goes towards a small bill but not often.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• All of our income no matter how small goes into our joint fund. We then decide how much extra money each of us want in our pockets and where every other penny will go.
    Never is money I earned "mine" or money that he earns "his".
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• So you don't have any of your own accounts?

We have a joint account-but that's our savings and we don't take anything out of it.

We each have our own checking accounts, though, they're connected so we can transfer money to and from.
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Spending money and for my kids activities
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My paycheck from my part time job pays our rent. I get paid a few days before rent is due and bunny does't get paid until after rent is due.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Usually gas. My check is usually $60 every 2 weeks so it usually gets put straight into my gas tank.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011