I need help potty training

My husband and I have a three year old . He has two older brothers and a younger brother(which is not potty trained). We have tried everything and have not backslid on our part but he has we have been trying for about nine months he has peed and pooped in the potty before and we made sure we have praised him all day long and he LOVED it but the next month he would not do anything finally he started peeing again but we have caught him pooping his pants and sat him on the potty for an hour nothing happened but right when he got his pull up on to go to bed not even five minutes later he pooped HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For one stop putting pull ups on him until he uses the potty before bed or just give up all together. My DD was having trouble with the whole potty thing which was fine because I let my kids do it themselves when they are ready. She would go fine during the day or when I reminded her but if I used a pull up she would use it instead. I took away the pull up and now she is fully trained. I only took away the pull up because I knew she could do it and was using it as a diaper which sounds like what your son is doing. And make him clean up his own poop and himself.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I never used pull ups with my daughter who is two years old and potty trained. I had her potty trained in two weeks because I only put her in underwear (except for bed time). Of course we had many accidents and it was frustrating to me when she pooped her pants but she hated the feeling. So I think it made her want to use the potty. Not sure if that will help but you can always try it. Good luck!
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 9:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I can understand fully your frustration in the potty training area because my daughter will be 3 in March and I cant get her potty trained either. However, I must totally and completely disagree with the poster who said for you to have your 3 yr old "clean up his own poop". OK close your eyes and actually imagine that. Not only would he not clean it up but would make a horrid nasty mess and then you would still end up cleaning it yourself. I wont even mention how unsanitary it could get for a 3 yr old. Come on.
    diznymomx2

Answer by diznymomx2 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2008