Master bath without a bathtub?

I found a house that I absolutely love, but it doesn't have a bathtub in the master bath. Should this be a deal breaker? Should I keep looking?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 6:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• As long as there is one in the house I'd be ok with that. It would also depend on your price point where you are looking. In the midwest I'd keep looking if it was over 300,000 dollar house without the bathtub. But if you love it, don't let a tub get in the way.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• only if you really want a bathtub in your bathroom. I could go without one, but some people can't lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think it would depend on how much you love the house, versus how much you want a bathtub in the master bath. We live in a house that doesn't have a master bathroom at all, so I say if I ever found a house that I liked, I wouldn't care if there was a tub or not. It's easy to put a tub in, but hard to find a house you fall in love with.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Ehhhhh. My dream house has a huge master bed bathroom with a tub.

But if you like everything else about the house maybe you could add it in later?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• For me no. I don't care for tubs.

It would just depend on how important it is for you and the rest of home features.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Where I grew up a lot of master bathrroms only had the shower so to me that's not unusual. I personally prefer to have one but if I loved everything else about the house I could go without (or use the one in the other bathroom).
    Jessalynn22

Answer by Jessalynn22 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is there room to in the future knock out a closet wall or something and build space for a tub?

Honestly Our master bath has no tub. My guess is it has been on the market so long because the economy sucks. If you really like it the consider hiring an inspector to see if there is a major flaw you have missed or something. If you love it other than a tub then find out more about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Does it have a shower.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Let me tell you, lol. I HAD to have my house when I saw the master bath. It has this awesome two person garden tub and a tiny little shower. The first time I filled up that garden tub, it completely drained my hot water heater and there wasn't even enough hot water =( , then I got the ridiculous water bill, grrrrr. That was11 years ago, haven't used that thing since. Now we are stuck with the tiny little shower. So we are getting ready to remodel the bathroom, rip out the stupid bathtub and put in a bigger shower.

So NO this wouldn't be a deal breaker to me!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That depends on YOU. For us it would be a deal breaker, for we love our master BATHTUB.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011