I had complications with my 1st pregnancy does that mean it could happen again?

Just before I was 6 months along with my 1st pregnancy I went into labor with a infection that was believed to be stepacocous{i say belive bc there was alot of choaso goin on with the hospital and no one ever told us for sure that was it} ASSUMING that is was- is there a chance that i could have a reoccurance with this second pregnancy?
I am taking it easy utnil monday when i meet my doc.

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could? Maybe, that's a ? for your doctor...But one thing I do know is that every pregnancy is different....and because of what happened in your first pregnancy they would be very careful with your next..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Every pregnancy is different. I'm sure you will be ok!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• There is always a chance of it randomly happening again but if it really was spontaneous the first time your likeliness of it happening again should be dramatically decreased.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't think so but I don't know much about that specific infection. I'm sure your midwife/OB could tell you!

I know there are lots of women who have difficult pregnancies and have perfectly normal uneventful pregnancies later on. My pregnancy with my son was terrible and I was in and out of the hospital but my midwife said there was no reason that all my other pregnancies have to be like that.

GL with this pregnancy!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I wouldnt stress over it, more stress could cause complications. All pregnancies are completely different. I assumed that b/c I had 3 normal deliveries that my 4th would be ok but it was very traumatic. You just never know. But I wouldnt stress...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Every pregnancy is different. With my first pregnancy everything went perfectly. No complications at all and I delivered within the right time. My second pregnancy I was constantly going to the doctor for bleeding, I got a two or three colds, I got a stomach virus, then I had a bad sinus infection, then I almost went into pre-term labor at 34 weeks, and eventually I did have the baby prematurely, but it was only two weeks. So every pregnancy is different.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It ** could** that doesn't mean it will.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't think an infection would be a recurrent during pregnancy thing. Infections tend to be fluke things and just happen to cause problems when you get them at the wrong time. You can ask your doc or midwife about it to ease your mind a bit, but I wouldn't anticipate something like that being a recurring problem.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Talk to your OB about it
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011