Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I really just need to vent....

I'm looking for a place for my son and I. A place that my ex doesn't know where we live (DV situation) and because I was a SAHM for a year and have no proof of income I can't find one. I'm so frusterated!!! I know I can pay the bills and I understand why people are weary because of the economy but I need this so bad. grrr... and my ex screwed my credit up by putting so many bills in my name and not paying them (he wouldn't let me work) so sorry I just really need to vent...


Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Which state do you live in? are you wanting to stay in that state or move to another? send me a message and let me know I will tryt o help.

    Answer by princesschilly at 7:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • so how are u goeing to pay the bills if you have no income? You have lots of money in your account? Maybe try and rent something privat, some people sometimes rent out a room or little private apartments. I dont think any apartment company will let you move in if you dont have a job or maybe lots and lots of money sitting in your account.
    So if you saying you gonna pay the bills I ask you how, then try and prove that to them. If you Moms gonna pay your rent for example let her come to the apartment office and she gives them her information.

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • hugs and positive thoughts going your way. Something will work out for you.


    Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Have you tried contacting a woman's shelter or look into help from the state or local programs for women in domestic violence situations? A friend of mine was in an abusive relationship, she moved in with her mom and he left her alone for awhile then showed up when she gave birth to their 2nd son and he had to be dragged out of the hospital by security so when she got out of the hospital she spent two days with a friend while that state arranged for her to stay in a shelter and then helped her find an apartment.

    Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I have a job, I just am a private contractor (so no pay stub) and I don't have my tax papers because my ex claimed my son and I before I could. Which he shouldn't have been able to because I have custody of my son. But since he claimed us the IRS told me (I called them) I couldn't do my taxes because if I did I would get flagged

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • All the shelters here are full. I've filled out so many applications it's ridiculous

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • He cannot claim you unless you sign it as spouse.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 7:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • no one near my job... they all live 2-6 hrs away

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I find it pretty helpful for anything to buy, etc as well as looking for rentals.

    Answer by istealcookies at 9:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011