Do you follow any superstitions/ol' wives tales?

Do you believe your palms itch for spending or receiving money? Do you feel the need to step on a crack and break your mother's back...or any of the usual...black cat crossing path...salt over shoulder, bird circling indoors...

Do you follow it, believe it...was it a tale passed down from family or just something you looked into?

Any superstition or wives tale you'd care to share....

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 6:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am such a dork.... I won't "split the pole" It's when 2 people walk different ways around the poles. And if you do both ppl have to say "bread and butter" lol and I don't do the black cat thing if I'm driving. Which is crazy because I had a black cat haha
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My mom was very superstitious when I was a little girl and once when I innocently opened an umbrella in the house, she freaked out and almost spanked me! Another thing she believed is that if someone gave her handkerchiefs as a gift, it meant someone she knew would die soon.....One year, someone gave her handkercheifs as a Christmas gift at a gift exchange, and when my grandmother died 2 months later she blamed it on the person who gave her the handkercheifs...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I do the salt over the shoulder and used to think black cats were bad luck if crossing your path, but not so much anymore.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If your left eye itches your gonna be happy, if the right eye itches your gonna be disappointed.
    If one foot itches your going to go somewhere you've never been, if the other does your getting a new pair of shoes.
    Right hand itches your going to get mail, Left hand itches your going to get money.
    Nose itches, someone is thinking about you.
    Hears ring/itch someone is talking about you.
    If you dream of flowers, someone is going to die.

Those are the only ones I can remember right now, but I remember being told them as far back as I can remember....and I think about them every time it happens lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ears*
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nah, I just believe in all of that. I think luck is what happens when preparations meets opportunity - period. I don't think you have 7years bad luck for breaking a mirror, black cats are just a color, ladders shouldn't be walked under because something could fall off of them onto your head, ...................
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ****I just don't****

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hubs got me started on this one. If I hand you a pocket knife closed you best hand it back to me closed. If I hand it to you open you best hand it back to me open.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 7:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Salt over the shoulder. I've watched "Dumb and Dumber" too many times lol!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I do the palm itching. But I have always been told that you have to itch your knee to get the money...
    jenlou9686

Answer by jenlou9686 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011