I am having constant (not consistant) contractions about 2~3 min. apart.

Its been a very stressful week, and now I think I am going into labor, 2 months early. I am only 30 weeks along but this is my 3rd baby and I know what contractions feel like. Should I go into the er? or just wait 2 c if they stop...

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 6:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB and see what they suggest. They may tell you to drink a big glass of water put your feet up and see who it goes for a few hours or they may tell you to run right in. I would let them make that call personally.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If its not consistant its not real labor. Its more likely braxton hicks
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i would go to the er. @ least there you will have all the help you need !!!!
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 6:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had the same thing at 31 weeks. They gave me a pill to stop them. I would try a glass of water and relaxing first. If you're still contracting then go to the ER just to be safe. Keep us updated, I wanna know everything is ok!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Go to L&D or call your OB. If it's preterm labor you don't want to wait too long.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'd put a call into the doctor and take a warm bath while waiting for them to return my call. Most likely, they'll want you to go into L&D to be put on the monitor for a little while to see what is going on.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Call your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2011