Braxton hicks or Labor adult content

Ok im 39 weeks and 1 day i think its just bh but idk im not timing them or anything like that just all it is is my stomic getting very very hard and start hurting but i think thats all it is no other real pain just my stomic hurting me really bad when it gets hard. I went to the doc tue and im 1 and a half cm and 50% effaced and i started lossing my plug today i think when i went to the rr and wiped it was like gooey and slimy and just a tiny bit in my pants then like 7 hours later it was a med sized amont looked like snot. i know ppl lose there plug and nothing happens but i didn't know if maybe i was starting labor or its just braxton hicks and im slowly losing my plug but like it hurts to walk and all that good stuff at times. If yall could help that would be great sry if its to long my 1st son was c-section so i nvr went threw this b4

Tarrahs2011

Asked by Tarrahs2011 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Time them before you call because they are going to ask you how long the pains last and how long in between. Also try laying down on your left side see if they go away.
    STKsMomma

Answer by STKsMomma at 8:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• sweety it sounds like you are in labor I would get to the er and let them check you and take care of you.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'd call Labor & Delivery and talk with them

Answer by admckenzie at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• For me, the BH just kind of morphed into being in active labor. The BH contractions are real contractions and they are working you toward the goal of birthing your baby. You can time them if it makes you feel better. I typically began to notice that my back would hurt during the BH. Then it was my back and hips. Then I realized they were picking up and thought, "Oh! I'm in labor now."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yeah,i think you are getting there. but your contractions need to be 5 min apart to go to the hospital. what you experiencing right now is just a preparation for the real thing. nothing you can do. just relax and wait till the real contractions get closer and stronger. God will take care of the rest.
    crouse3

Answer by crouse3 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Before my son was born by emergency C-section I dilated at home to 6 cm. I don't really remember my stomach getting hard, but the pain just felt like BAD cramps. They would start at my belly button, chase around to my back and keep going to my belly button. Then, they'd turn around and go back the OTHER way. All in waves.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yeah i get back pain but im not having cramps or anything just my stomic like iv really really noticed it getting hard most times i know if it gets hard but i don't feel it as strong as it is now its way harder then it has ever been and it hurts but not bad bad you know and i havn't had no blood or anything the stuff is just like a brown color iv gone to the hosp so many times im sure iv drove my bf nutts so im afraid to call or go cuz i just figured it would be bh
    Tarrahs2011

Comment by Tarrahs2011 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• just call. thats what the docs and nurses are there for.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011