4 yr olds hair not growing?

My dd will be 5 this yr and her hair is much shorter than my 2 yr olds hair. It doesnt seem to grow and is dry. I have asked her dr. and they did some blood work for thyroid problems but it came back normal. I am including a pic of her. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

• this is it.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hmmm maybe get a second opinion?

My friend's son is practically bald and he's almost 3.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Have you tried putting olive oil in her hair from time to time? Massage her scalp with it and that's is supposed to help. My mom used to do that to my DD whenever she spent the night with her. I also started using this thing called BB. Its this super gro green gel lookin' stuff. its rich in proteins with vitamin E. My mom got it for me and I'm not too sure where she got it but its a white jar with orange lettering and the BB is blue.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You're very welcome. I know how it is to have your child's hair not grow. My DD is the same way and she is 4 but since i have been using BB Double Strength Super Gro her hair has grown its still very thin but its growing. I even use it on myself cause it also helps with split ends and i have a ton of split ends lol. Hope it helps your DD.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My D is 3 and her hair has JUST gotten to her shoulders in the back and in the front it still won't go behind her ears. I would love to know how to make her hair grow as well!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Christieluv0614- Thanks!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Comment by L0vingMy3Girls (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My Gr-dd had a terrible time having her hair grow, it grew, but slow. Her little sister ended up with hair longer than hers. She's older now and it has grown and been cut several times, so maybe it will be OK in a year or two. Good luck with the above BB stuff, I hope it helps.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011