Heavy period for 15 days?? adult content

Ok, so I had a tubal ligation back in 2005, so I am more than positive that I am not pregnant with complications or anything like that but I started my period on the 10th of this month and it has been a constant heavy flow for 15 days now. I already made a doctor appt but that isn't until March 4th. I am really starting to get worried now. I have regular cramping but nothing else. It's like I have a normal period (which only lasts 3 days on a regular month) but is lasting much longer. I am only 27, by the way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

• Call your doctor and go in earlier. You could need some intervention, and you can still get pregnant with a "tubal" pregnancy even after ligation.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• So you don't want any children, I assume the tubal ligation cannot be reversed.
    If this is definite, and you NEVER want any children, then you can talk to your doctor about a endometrial ablation.
    This helped my heavy periods. It was the best thing I ever did. I could finally not worry and it decreased the flow so much.
    Good luck.
    AvonLadySandy

Answer by AvonLadySandy at 7:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had a period once for 30 days and I had to have the Dr. go up in me and cauterize an end on my cervix or something, I was young and all I cared at the time was get done, and stop the bleeding. It worked, and no problems since. If you find you are bleeding to the point that its not red or you have lost too much blood call your Dr. and tell him and he may see you sooner. My sister almost bleed to death waiting too long to call her Dr. my Mother too. Don't mean to scare you but that's what happened, so keep an eye out, and you'll know if you loose too much I imagine you'd get pretty weak or tired.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011