What do you think about the IUD Mirena?

I had a baby 5 months ago and I'm looking into more birth controls for the first time since. Does anyone use Mirena? How do you like it?

jnhill

Asked by jnhill at 7:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This basically sums up my opinion of that plastic POS. Just my experience, but there are links in the journal to two sites that have a bunch of other stuff about it, too.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have not used it but my friend did. she had it is for a year and a half and then got pregnant (healthy baby). Another friend got it and had it removed 6 months later because she was bleeding constantly. A third got it and it worked fine for her. Has had it in almost 3 years.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have the Mirena and i love it. I have had it for 2 1/2 years now and my periods have stopped. in the beginning i had to wear pantie liners cause the Mirena made me discharge i asked my Dr. if it was normal and he said it was. I don't wear them anymore cause that has also stopped. I have yet to have any other problems with it. I like the simple fact that its good for 5 years and during that time if i wish to have a child i can have it removed and get prego. over all i say its a good idea. better then pills and shots and implants in your arm IMO.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had mine for a little over 4 years. I loved it. My only complaint was that my skin was a little spottier than normal. Other than that, I still had a regular period every month, albeit a light one. It was nice to not have to worry about taking a pill monthly. And I successfully breast fed my daughter for 17 months with no supply problems or anything. That being said, I'd definitely do your research before deciding. Everyone is different, and side effects may or may not effect you the same. For every person who's had a great experience with them, there's going to be one, like Mrs.BAT, who unfortunately did not have such a great experience.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Never used the mirena
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2011