Help!!! Where's the movement??!!

Should I be worried when I don't feel my baby moving?? I felt her earlier but I don't feel her now and it's been a while. I feel fine but, should I call my doctor?? I'm freaking out!

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 9:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes call your doctor. You may as well set your mind at rest. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• How many weeks are you?
    Anonymous

• you could but dont freak babies sleep in the uterus as well mayeb just alseep and not moving alot
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you felt her today then you are fine and so is she!!

She sleeps, and its usually when you are moving around (the movements rock her to sleep).

If you do not feel her by tomorrow morning I would call your doctor, but as far as calling tonight...probably not.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• When I didn't feel my baby move, I called my doctor. He told me to eat something sugary and lay on my side for an hour. If I didn't feel anything withing an hour I was to call him back and then most likely come in and see him. I couldn't recall feeling my baby move since the day before. I ate some sugary cereal and some orange juice and he moved in about 20 minutes.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm 25 weeks and nervous as hell. I felt her today very vividly so I think I'll wait til morning o trouble the doc, but,Im really freaking out!
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 9:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Dont freak out... Lay on your back and relax... Generally speaking babies are soothed by movement, so when you are moving around they usually sleep, and when you sleep, they move around. Just relax... You felt her today :). Sometimes people go several days, and there is nothing wrong. Call your doctor tomorrow to give yourself peace of mind... but try not to stress about it :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• if ever you feel like she should be moving drink about 8 to 16 oz apple juice ... if movements dont occur within 30 min call ur DR
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 10:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I am 25 weeks as well going through the same thing as you. I will feel her moving and kicking like crazy earlier in the day and then not feel her for a (what seems like) forever. I almost had my husband take me to the hospital a week ago. He was getting his shoes on and I was grabbing my purse when she kicked. I think they just have their moments. Just hang in there hun and I am sure your little one is doing just fine.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The suugestions to have a glass of water and lay down for an hour to feel for kicks are right on. Your doctor will probably tell you to do the same thing before coming in. Good luck!

Oh, and you are NEVER a bother to your doc. It's their job to address your questions and concerns, and it's YOUR job to take care of yourself and that baby! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2008