Almost 4 year old DD disobeyed....

and now she's paying for it. She ignored me when I asked her 4 times to pick up her dishes and take them to the kitchen because she was playing the game I got her for Christmas, sooooo I turned the game and T.V.off and she got mad and started screaming at me not to turn off her game! Really?...So now I have her picking up aaaaalll of her toys from the living room and taking them to her room and straightening things up. (I'm supervising of course) while I do dishes and clean up. Theeeeeeeen, she's getting no T.V. or game for the rest of the evening and going to bed after I finish the dishes. Too much or just right?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You did good

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh, she's only 4 . . . . I might make her clean, but don't mess with her bedtime and be sure to tell her you love her when she goes to bed.
    I know though, mommma, I have a 4 year old also . . .. it is such a hard age.

hugs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think you did the right thing, not too much, not too little.  And you established your authority.  Good for you mama!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well, I would have done a time out and still pick up the bowl... I would leave the bed time alone unless there was excessive screaming/crying in time out that indicted she was obviously tired.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I agree that bedtime should not change. And make sure there is some cuddling before the day is over.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Good for you Momma! One thing I DON"T tolerate in my house is either child mouthing off or trying to tell me what to do. I think you're just fine in your punishment.

By the way, Feel better after the mini-rant?

bowing down

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Good job! I have a 3 year old who is testing me now so I let him know what is okay and what is not! Time outs are good too!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Haha ladies hang on I have a 9 yo and 8 yo it doesn't get better they just learn more words
    STKsMomma

Answer by STKsMomma at 8:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• LOL @STKsMomma...I was going to say tie a knot and hang on ladies..wait until they hit puberty. Teens are SO MUCH FUN. NOT! Pick your battles as you go. Mouthing off at any age is a fight I'll choose everytime.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• age 4 has been the hardest so far.......
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011