Whats did you do did you have this problem?

i am 27 weeks along on one hand i am in nesting mode with wanting to get things ready for my new born. on the other hand i dont want to do anything lile clean or cook for my dh. my room mates are moving out this weekend and there stuff is everywere so its hard to do any thing. could this be pre post partom or just stress.

PS what did you do when you felt or feel like this?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I find that what I am motivated to do is the get ready for baby stuff. But yeah, there are a million other little things that have to be done before the baby stuff could get done. I'm very anti-cooking when pregnant. I want food to appear in front of me. Today, I was motivated to get all the baby clothes out of storage and organized, but my closet was a wreck and we had laundry piled up. So, I spent the day cleaning out my closet and putting away the laundry. It wasn't what I was motivated to do, but it gets me closer to the goal of getting the baby clothes out and organized. Maybe changing your perspective will motivate you to do those things you'd rather not do. Cleaning after the roommates move means you'll have things all nice and clean for the baby stuff that will fill their space.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Try not to use your pregnancy as an excuse not to do things, exercise, etc. It is of utmost importance to keep in shape as you will be very busy when the baby arrives. If you are lethargic due to your hormones, however, then every time you get up for a glass of water, to go to the bathroom, etc. do one or two things to clean up. In no time you will have some things accomplished and you will not feel like you worked very hard. Eat some food that will give you energy. Talk to your nutritionist for suggestions.
    Good luck
    AvonLadySandy

Answer by AvonLadySandy at 8:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You are probably anxious to get things straightened out and can't wait until room mates' stuff is gone. It's just stressful. Post partum sometimes happens after the baby comes, not before.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• could be low iron. near the end of my pregnancy i had to up my iron intake. i had to take a prenatal vitamin along with an iron supplement. also if you are already taking those don't have any dairy for at least 2 hours. i didn't know this til my doctor pointed it out to me. if you take an iron pill with milk or anything with dairy in it you might as well not be taking it at all. also drink plenty of water and if you can go for a short walk outside. fresh air really seems to help. good luck.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011