Toddler exposed to smoke in the kitchen....

We were cooking steaks on the oven top and the smoke detector went off several times so we had to open the windows and ventilate etc... Our two year old was in his high chair this entire time, also in the kitchen and been breathing the smokey air. And now, I hear him cough from time to time (just put him in bed). Should I worry or this amount of smoke exposure shouldn't be harmful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• He should be fine. Keep him hydrated with water.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• IT should not be that harmfull if it keeps up have him checked. if your worried and hes not sleeping call the doc see what they say. give him a drink of water and watch him
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It happens more than you think, believe me. I'd figure that if it had a negative effect on him, it would for you, too. I mean, if you were cooking, you were right up in it the whole time.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ok. makes sense. I feel better. Just in case...u know. Will watch him for sure. It wasn't THAT bad but you hear enough scary stuff these days...can't b too cautious....Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• but aren't their lungs MUCH smaller than ours though?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011