Cleft Lip

Has anyone had a baby that was born with Cleft lip? I found out today (seriously in one of the worst ways ever) that my son has it I am only 30 weeks. So my son hasn't been born, But I am wondering how you handled it and others handled it? Also, does the surgery help? My main concern is my son eating :(.. Any info would be great, I did research on line but would like personal experience!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not me personally but a good friend of mine was born with it. She had surgery as an infant and has a noticable scar. We are also talking over 50 years ago so im sure the surgery and scarring is more minimal now. GL and try not to stress. Things could always be worse. Sorry that you have to deal with this though
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My DD was born with a cleft palate but it didn't come through to her lip, she had 2 surgeries and now is a normal 4 year old, I didn't find out til she was 6 hours old, no one noticed it, but there is a group here for cleft palate & lip babies, you should join these women could give you some very helpful information. just type cleft lip in the search bar and it will bring up posts from the group.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011