How do i know my boy is ready to be potty train?

ElkaSantos

Asked by ElkaSantos at 8:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He'll wake up in the morning with "woody".  My Dr. said to watch for it, and when it happened, his body was sending him the signals he needed to be able to potty train.  Also, any interest in the potty would be a good place to start.  Maybe some favorite character underwear.  My son was harder, my girl was easier.  She saw the TInkerbell underwear and immediately wanted to potty train.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Does he have interest in trying? If so, trial and error. My youngest right now wants to go, but hasn't quite figured out his signals, yet. So I'm giving him a couple weeks and we'll try again. He'll be 3 next month, which is the average age for a boy to potty train. So don't fret if he hasn't trained before then.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• When he starts feeling the wetness and being uncomfortable with it. Introduce him to the potty while you are going potty.
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 8:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We introduced the toilet last year and had no luck. So about 1st week in January I said I cannot take it I will not be changing two diapers. My oldest potty trained like a champ when we started with him, the second also a boy hard the first couple days and then all of a sudden he was full time toilet user.
    ** what we did though was took him shopping to pick out a potty seat. The underwear I had a ton of his older brother that I kept that were in great condition and shrunk lol and we are 2 months with only a few accidents.
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 9:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• when they are aware of when they go. like saying pee pee or poo poo when they mess the diaper. and you can ask, do you want to go sit on the potty when they say that.
    this has been step one for me
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 10:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My mom told me that most children are ready to be potty trained when they are telling you that they need a diaper. It means they are aware that they are wet or poppy, so they can also be aware of when they have to go with a lot of practice. Some are easy and some are very hard. good luck
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2011