Guy friend says he is not sure what our relationship is but is honored to know me

he keeps saying he is "not sure exactly what our relationship is yet but knows it is altogether benevolent" and said he "is lucky to be my friend or whatever our relationship actually is"...what is happening to him or what is he trying to say in your opinion? We have gone to dinners and been intimate several times and care and trust in each other with complete comfort and excitement too, plus have fun. Feels like friends but more. Have known each other since october and talk every single day no fail. Have met his parents and friends and he knows all about me completely and me him, so far.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 8:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Uhhh I've never had a guy describe our relationship like that, lol.

Maybe he's not sure about being exclusive yet?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He's a chicken, that's what it is. He doesn't want to give up the title of being single, and he wants to be able to let go of you if it doesn't go well. I've been sleeping with my guy friend for a year now (we dated for a bit in the midst of that, but we haven't been together since July), and while I know he loves me and he COULD very well be the guy I end up with, he's too scared to just be with me and forget about being single.
    Anonymous

• He enjoys being a friend with benefits. It's like ur his gf but ur not. As long as he gets the milk for free he doesn't need to buy the cow...
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm inclined to agree with istealcookiees and think he's reaping benefits from an unclassified relationship and leading you on. He has to feel like you won't stand for this nonsense and that he could lose you if you want know what he really feels. If he doesn't know what the relationship is, then consider yourself unattached and start looking around. He has no exclusive rights to you. Take advantage of this time to explore other people, who may be better in touch with their feelings. I wouldn't wait around forever. You don't get younger and the clock is ticking.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• THANKS YOU GUYS!! WOMEN!! U R ALL GOOD ON this have great days/evenings!
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2011