Anyone actually been pregnant with a negative HCG blood test?

Or known someone who was? Here's the deal... could possibly be 7-11 weeks along. I've had 2 "cycles" one only 48 hours and one 4 days long but lighter than usual (and 4 days is about normal for me).

As of late I can no longer button two pairs of pants that fit fine 2-3 weeks ago with room to spare, I look like I have a rounding of the belly (and I showed at 14 weeks in my first pregnancy...was out of normal pants at 10 weeks), my boobs are a little sensitive, I've been peeing more, pooping more (and it reminded me of the kind i had last time, sorry if TMI), and I've been really super tired, and then theres a light ach in my lower back. And you know that heavy feeling in your belly that you get? Yup got that too.

Anyone experience this? Were you actualy pregnant? When did you find out? Was the baby okay?

I just had a negative HCG result that I had done yesterday....so I'm confused.

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 8:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I highly doubt it is even possible to have no HCG in the blood and be pregnant. You can have a negative urine pregnancy test and still be positive because of the sensitivity of the test. A blood test actually measures the HCG in the blood, so there isn't really room for error like a urine test.
    Maybe get your thyroid levels checked. That can cause some weird symptoms, including packing on a little weight and feeling moody and tired.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I did the thyroid 3 weeks ago with my physcial labs. normal.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i was totally sure 3 months ago i was prego.. i had a 24 hr light bleed.. had all the symptoms!!! so i went in also..needless to say i didnt ovulate that month is y it caused me so screwed up periodhas been screwed up since..i just took provera to try to try and straighten out..... best of blessings ur way...
    waitin4miracle

Answer by waitin4miracle at 8:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had a negative blood test but thats cus i had it done before my missed period you should get a quant check done to see if your hormone levels are rising .have you try doing a urine test .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• pregnancy-info.net has stories of women who ended up having to have an ultrasound to prove they were pregnant because the test all showed neg. including blood test there was a girl mandy who knew she was pregnant but all the doctors thought she was crazy till they did an ultrasound at that point she was 13 weeks Google 7 weeks pregnant negative test it happens
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 1:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thanks diamonsky I'll look into it.. I have an U/S scheduled for March 11....so I hope and pray I am
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011