Is it ok to...

hate when I hear someone ELSE is pregnant? It seems like everyone is!! Even people who aren't happy about it, or can't afford it, or are in horrible relationships....I'm not even trying, but I can't become pg. It just feels like I'm being stabbed, by random knocked up chicks!! URGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It broke my heart when my best friend got pregnant. She can't afford another baby. She 'wasn't trying but wasn't not trying.' She 'can't remember' to take the pill and they won't use condoms because it 'doesn't feel as good.' My husband and I are financially stable and have been trying to have another baby. i've had two miscarriages.

To make it worse, sometimes I feel like I can't complain or be sad because I have my son and that's more than some women have.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i know how that feels.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm not in a stable enough place to have another child, its been hard to get through things with two girls I have but for the life of me I want another child. I'm not trying now because it would just be too hard to make things work financially and it wouldn't be fair to my other kids but then I see all these other people having kids (my ex-husband has been evicted from his last 4 apartments, can't hold a job more than a couple months at a time, is constantly saying he wants to leave his girlfriend but has no where else to go, is always borrowing money from his girlfriend's mom or friends, is always running out of something around the apartment such as food and getting utilities shut off but he and his girlfriend are pregnant with their 2nd child). Also it seems like everyone I know is having boys and for as long as I can remember I've wanted a son, I'm thankful and blissful I have my two girls but I still want my baby boy.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nah I don't think that's wrong. I saw people with kids that I just didn't think could be as good of a parent as me, or who didn't dedicate the time or effort that they should have. Or that clearly regretted having the kid. Before I got pregnant of course I thought and was jealous of those around me that had that kid and I didn't.
    Sahaira

Answer by Sahaira at 11:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm feeling the same way...DH and I have just started to admit that we are actually trying. We kept saying we're not no trying....just taking things as they come, and for the most part, that still hold true, but we both really want it to happen. And yeah...it seems like everyone else around me is getting pregnant. I'm happy for them, but I'm jealous and want it to be my turn.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thats how i was everyone i knew was getting pregnant by mistake everytime i turned around and then we found out we were and then we lost our first baby and my world went to pieces i stayed n bed forever n cried cuz i was 3 months along and when we lost the baby i had to have a dnc done and afterwards i was like i gotta get my mind off this and i did found me a new job started working out and 4 months later outta nowhere didnt have my period and tooka test expecting it to say neg and it was positive and now we have a healthy 10month baby girl who has our hands full more than ever, stay strong it will happen when u dnt even expect it and i kno u have heard tht alot but try not to think about it tht helps ALOT!
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2011