depressed, not knowing what to say or do...

I usally go after the "bad boys", but my bf/fiance is a goodie guy. He isn't romantic, and thats one of the biggest thing I look for in a relationship. He "jokes" about little things that he thinks are funny, but usally it hurts my feelings so bad I cry. And when I tell him he says, im sorry I won't do it any more, but then he turns around and does it all over again...its driving me crazy, I told him I wanted to leave him this morning and I almost did, but he asked me why, and I really didn't know. I told him it was because I am unhappy. Because I am unhappy, but I'm not sure why though. Is it me, or is it him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• If a man makes you cry, you have answered your own question. It is him, and if you are unhappy and depressed it is probably because you just aren't where you want to be. Sometimes you just fall out of like with someone for no reason. The next time he makes you cry tell him I want to leave you because you are a dick and I deserve respect I'm tired of I'm sorry. See Ya! Find your soul mate someone that can be like your favorite pair of slippers, comfortable relaxed and reliable. You can give him a dose of his own medicine and "Joke with him" like he does you see how wonderful that makes him feel! Wake up call girl life is short don't take any crap and make sure you live everyday to the fullest don't waste it on worrying!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You need to sit down and write what makes you unhappy. It could be little things, but once you gather them together, it may not be one thing, it could be more than that. Do you have any children? If you do, you have to do what's best for them and you. You got to follow your heart, and have to persue your happiness, if you are not happy you have to move on. You have to talk to him and tell him what is bothering you, the relashioship is between two people, you two have to work it out. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if a separation might help you to see things more clearly. Or if sadness is unusual for you, perhaps you should have a medical checkup to rule out physical problems. But if your health is normal, it may be that the guy isn't the One. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sounds to me that this guy you describe as a "goodie guy" is actually just another "bad boy"-i.e. a "wolf" in "sheep's clothing"! Sounds like he gets a kick out of making you cry! He apologizes and then turns around and repeats the behavior, because he gets a charge out of upsetting you and pushing your buttons, Have you ever considered WHY he is not romantic, and since that is an important thing to you and he knows it, doesn't it seem like he uses this to control your emotions, too? Think about it, and ask yourself if the relationship is worth all the emotional trouble you're going through.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008