Did anyone see or read about the at home childcare fire in Texas? 3 children died. I could only imagine the grief the families are going through

You would only hope that when u drop your kids off to the babysitter/daycare, that you would expect to see there smiling shining faces when u got off of work. And to hear that your child died in a fire that day.............

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 8:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know I saw it on the news. I'm sure that your child getting killed in a fire is the last thing on your mind when you drop them off at daycare.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes. Its very very sad! My heart goes out to the parents.. The guilt that they will feel that they should not (i hear moms feel guilty for working - and then this happens to them..)
    I am sure we will hear more about this story though. 7 kids. 2 die? a HOME daycare?... Lots of red flags.. I think there should have been 2 adults for the 7 kids (unsure)...
    Prayers for the other kids-- last i heard they were taken to the hospital.
    (we live in houston where it happened so im pretty sure we will get lots of updates)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was just reading that and wondering how the workers could let it get that far and kill and burn those babies!!!! If my kids ever go back to daycare I will definitely be checking out different exits and how many workers are in the room at one time!
    So sad :(
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I read that she said she just went to the bathroom and then came out and the kitchen was on fire. I dont think her whole story pieces together. How can u go pee or shit and come put and in the long run, 3 kids be killed. i dont think that a small fire that started in the kitchen, would engulf the whole house in 2 minutes that she should have had time to get babies out.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• and even before the fire dept got there she was outside yelling the kids, pray for my babies. she seems like she was wasting time.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011