Is it normal for a kid to get a low grade fever after having a cavity filled?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 8:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, i remember my brother did every time he got a filling
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes if a tiny amount of germs got in any abrasions made in the gum byt the dentists sharp tools. sorry. OR watch it: if they filled the cavity but LEFT some infection in the cavoty under the filling! ooo, it is probably not that but that happened to my husband once. it is most likely the stress of their mouth being iopen and wide and then getting dry from all that air. Give them childrens motrin as tylenol works less better. Put a cool washcloth on their head and let them rest or sleep. Give them pedialyte or water.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My son had a cavity filled recently and the dentist told me that he could run a fever.  I noticed a slight one, nothing to worry about in his case.  I would just watch it and I agree with Silverelf, my son loved the cool washcloth.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011