Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Its night time so maybe ill get more helpful answers....

I havent recieved child support for about 6 months and my ex just filed taxes in which he claimed our daughter so that he could catch up on support because I didnt have any income anyways from 2010 ( I was a student living off student loans.....eeeekkks) anyways... he is getting direct deposit and its scheduled to be in his account tomorrow (he gets a small portion for himself) does anyone know how long extra it will take for the offset to go to DRS and then to be forwarded to me....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (9)
  • If he is behind and if you have made a claim with your state about him being behind, it should go directly to you and then what is left will go to him.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Yeah, that. ^^^^^

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • I know that but I am wondering how long after he files will it take to get to me... I already know there is an offset, we got notices and thats the reason he claimed her

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • It only takes 2 weeks to get a return so I would say since it has the additional step, within a month.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • If you are not getting the answers you want here, why not call child support as suggested earlier?

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • child support said up to six months... I am looking for EXPERIENCES

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • It took my sister almost 4 months to get hers

    Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • ~*Smiles*~... unless he is behind on payments and the District Attorney places a legal claim/lean... there is nothing you can take/get

    youmention a direct deposit to HIS account... at no point is anyone going to illegally go into his account to take anything to pay, just like they have no access to any accounts you have, and most that can be done by law is to feeeze an account, but again they must be well behind on payments

    This will be a "trust" issue between the both of you and how well he is on doing what he is supposed to

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Mommaclark- Smiles- As stated me and him both recieved offset notices months ago because he is behind, months and months and months behind.... so WE KNOW it is going to be coming to me....

    Lovingmy3girls, thank you for correctly answering the question, yikes though i hope it doesnt take that long !!!!!!!!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.