How did you find your babysitter?

I am currently a stay at home mom my youngest is 6 months and i want to go back to work but finding a baby sitter is proving to be a bit hard. i have checked out care.com but cant afford to spend money to join and if you get the free one you can contact anyone and i have also look on sittercity. Any advise would be great Thank you.

ihuggedatree

Asked by ihuggedatree at 8:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Some mom's aren't comfortable with this, but place an ad on Craigslist. I have offered childcare on there an had very good results.
    Anonymous

• I went to my states web site and looked up who was licensed in my area. I refuse to leave my kid somewhere that isn't licensed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Word of mouth. We found ours through DH's co-worker...she sends her kids to the lady we use. And for our evening random sitter, she is the daughter of DH's co-worker.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i put an ad in a local paper and stated that i was looking for someone to have fun with my kids. mine were 2 and 3 1/2 at the time. i have seen many moms confuse hiring a slave and hiring someone to care for your baby. we ended up hiring someone that was like another grandmother to our kids.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thank you to everyone! i will give it a try
    ihuggedatree

Comment by ihuggedatree (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011