How to accept better?

I just noticed a trend I have with guys...I tend to date guys that are beneath me. Like no job, living with a friend or at parents home, no real goals. I am fully independent and doing everything...how can I accept a better guy (people) into my life?

I am way more critical with the friends keep why do I let lose with the one's I date?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 8:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe the feeling that if they don't depend on you that they won't stick around. That you have nothing to offer unless they rely on you?

You need to realize your self-worth. A guy that deserves you will do his best to support you emotionally and not depend on you financially.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Maybe you are looking for a "project". Without knowing much about your family life, it's hard to say what you carry w/ you into adulthood that makes us make the choices we do. Now that you know what you want & what you dont want, you can start making better choices. They're out there. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hugs.. I think I can relate. I know for me, it used to give me a security to feel like I had the upper hand in a relationship. If I chosed ones whom I felt supperior to then I had a sense of power. :-) What I realized through many bad decisions is that I need someone whom is my equal, and that helps me to become a better person and not a boy who needs a mommy.
    How to accept someone better is to realize you are worthy and step outside of your comfort zone and go for it. One never knows what can happen, but nothing will unless you take chances.... Good Luck..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yeah I just thought about it...like all the dudes were lower than me. I know I do carry this around...as a kid I was never made to feel really beautiful or expetional so even though I know I am beautiful I still have that mentality that im ugly so these "ugly" guys come in. They never really want me they want what I can give them. I ahte giving lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• lol my comfort zone...guys with nothing ok so get guys that have something. I'ma write a journal about this. I know I felt pressure from my family to focus more on career and money rather than making good healthy relationships.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Maybe you want to be the knight in shining armor for them...
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• which is messed up. I do not consider myself a person like that. I know a female friend who is that type and I never want to be the one that "saves" a guy or supports a man. I want a dude (if anything) to support me.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011