Is it normal....

My son is 7 months old and teething. He has 2 bottom teeth and the 4 front top are coming in. But for the past few days he hasn't wanted to eat any food from a spoon. All he wants is a bottle. Is it because he's teething? Or is it something I should worry about? Thanks for the help.

HuntersMom4908

Asked by HuntersMom4908 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did that too
    I think the sucking feels good.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sucking is a comfort thing, and the nipples are soft. Baby spoons aren't very pliable and probably hurt more than a nipple will. If he's got 4 teeth coming in, his mouth is very tender. Just feed him how he wants to. Right now, solids shouldn't be a major part of his diet anyway, they should only be experimental for him, a few spoonfuls to explore new flavors and textures. Follow his lead in this.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 10:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Maybe try a different spoon, but I am sure its from the teething. I have one spoon that my daughter will not eat from, and its the normal metal with white end one... She hates it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Funny, my babe is 8 months and doing the opposite she has 1 bottom tooth, and the other is about to break through- she'd rather have food than a bottle. My sis in law suggested orajel a few minutes before feeding- I tried it and it helped a little.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008