Jealous mother....

When I was young I was always very close to my mother but when I turned 18 and started dating for the first time, I relationship took a hard hit. She began trying to find reasons me and my then bf should split up even filing police complaints against him and even me. I started working and landed a good job, and she decided to 'suddenly' give me a curfew that was before the time I got off work. So enough was enough I ended up moving out at 19, and getting my own place. We had fallouts here and there but I always just let things go because she was my mother and told me 'she doesn't apologize to children.' A year or so later I had my son and my mom was never really around. He's about to be 4 now and she has never been to one of his b-day parties or even my baby shower. After 3 years, I found a guy I decided to settle down with. And now suddenly my mothers like my best friend. She never calls or comes by much (we live together) but she wants me to call her everyday like clockwork and for us to come by every weekend. I try to tell her nicely that the weekends are the only time we have to spend together, and when I do she gets offended and starts posting ignorant things on my facebook wall like, 'I guess we're not family anymore you dont call or come by, or I guess you're still living even though I don't hear from you anymore (after not talking to me for one day!). She doesnt work and stays two minutes away from us and could come over during the week any time she feels, but she always refuses. My sons bday is next month and she tried to tell me she was having his birthday at her house (?)and says things like 'you love him but you'll never love him as much as me and when he was born he saw me first.' I dont know why but it seems like she is jealous or something. But something about her attitude lately is sketchy especially since I've gotten pregnant again.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 8:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh god I hear you. My mother is nuts too. I always tried to be there for her and make things ok but she always acted like I had an attitude even though I was the only one being nice and making an effort. There have been times where I have needed her to help and she says she will then backs out at the last minute so I have no time to find anyone else. She learned how to use facebook and she has made it her life to comment on any and everything anyone on her friend list posts. I just had to block her.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Just love her the best that you can maybe now that she does not have you in her life she feels lonely even though she is the one throwing you and the baby away at first but now she wants in (forgetting all she has said and done) just visit when you can and if she gets upset just blow her off you can not be playing this little game she throws at you just be yourself and treat her with respect and love her if she wants to act this way she will be losing you and the babies. Just deal with her behavior the best that you can be the civil one GL No matter how bad our moms are in our lives they are still our mothers they gave life to us (with God's help) ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Omg Im so sorry you have to deal with this but Ive had to deal with people like this my whole life.. ive learned to just deal with it bc they will never change.. Just dont let them get you down bc there is nothing wrong with being happy no matter what they say do or feel
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011