Last hours before giving birth

tell me your story. i feel like i am finally very close to deliver my little one,cause i am so noaseated today,pooping like crazy and can't eat anything.I feel it's about time for and i am very happy. There is a lot of discomfort with the contractions and back pain,but at least i am getting closer to meet my angel.
So,tell me if you remember your last hours before going into the hospital. How did you feel,did you eat anything,have you had any strong contractions and all that kind of stuff.
I mean natural birth,not scheduled c-sections or induced labours,just natural way going to the hospital :)
Did you feel like it was about time?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That's exactly how I felt right before I delivered!  WHOO HOO!  I'm so excited for you!  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh and I had 3 natural births.  I felt the same way you do right now with all 3.  I couldn't eat, pooped like crazy, and I got a seriously "ansy" feeling.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i'm jealous you're poopin'

my midwife had to help me go, lol.

sounds like you're getting there, though.

i just had cramps all day and then as the evening went on they got more intense...we figured it was labor, called the midwife, and then went on in to labor and delivery. pretty uneventful given my horrific pregnancy!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I went to get my hair done and my contraction was like 10 min apart. I was just miserable and short tempered. I couldn't sleep or lay down. I was having BM like crazy. My contractions were like 10 min apart for like 2 1/2 days. Couldn't take it anymore went to the doctor and I was 4 cm dilated. Went to the hospital a about 4 hrs labor I had my baby girl in my arms. Oh yeah I ate a moon pie before going to the doctor lol. Contractions was not that bad just annoying
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't have a very good story. It was the day before my due date and I was feeling fine, we went to an RV sale/show lol, went out to dinner, then went home and went on our evening walk. While we were walking I started getting contractions, within 2-3 hours they were strong and consistent so we went to the hospital, they gave me my epidural, I fell asleep, woke up around 8am, we watched TV, I started pushing around 9:30am and had a baby at 9:42am lol. That was it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had my one and only migraine before I went into labor with my son. I was up all night from it then at 7 am I had what I was sure was a contraction. I remember thinking to myself 'Dear God please let the lead ache go away first. I can't do both!' Sure enough by the time the contractions were steady (but still not horrible) my head ache was gone. I made myself eat some mashed potatoes before they got to bad as well. I don;t remember feeling any different the day before. Just that painful all of the sudden nauseating headache! I guess it was hormones.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I went to the doctor cuz i have pups (rash) she was going to induce me tuesday, but by 3pm monday I was in labor.. the pooping is the pressure. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIRTH!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• OH! and I took a shower and did my hair and make up before e left for the hospital my contractions were 5m in apart and had been for 2-3 hours! My DH thought I was nuts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well congrats first off and i went into labor while me and my husband were out eating lunch and i got an epidural but mine didnt work ill never get one again but when i went into labor my water didnt break just started having contractions about 7 mins apart and tht night at home i lost sum of mu plug and 2 days later had my daughter but my cervic was so swollen my body wouldnt dialte and the nurse went to check me and i wasnt even a finger tip dialted and my contractions were less than a min apart but she checked me without the dr knowing and she opened me up to a 3cm cuz the dr was gonna send me bck home cuz i wasnt dialting and the nurse knew i was in full blown labor n i went from a 3 to a 10 20 mins i never pooped tho i felt like i needed to sooooooo bad but i couldnt lol i felt very sick never threw up thank god but becuz i was in labor for so long like tht my daughter was rushed into icu cuz she swalloed her poop alot
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had NO idea- my water broke, and I thought I was just peeing! It took me 14 HOuRS to figure it out! I started having contractions about 16 hours after it broke. The irony is that I'm studying to be a midwife, yet I had no idea! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2011