What is good starting food for eating healthy with a toddler????

my daughter and i are over weight and well we dont eat our veggys everyday.. i can only get her to eat green beans and most recent carrots!!!! yay .. but any ways i want to start eating it all ive been just taking my time with introducing her into the vegetables...but i love salads and they are not that kid friendly i cant really think of anything else that is healthy besides eating fruit and veggies.... helppp!!!

MissLynne01

Asked by MissLynne01 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• grilled lean cuts of meat, cut out half your starch ans use whole grain when you can. 1/2 your meal or more should be veggies then some lean protein and a little starch. Remember corn is not a veggie, it is a starch. Keep offering healthy foods. If you are eating them then she will eat them also. encourage her to try at least one bite of everything on her plate at every meal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

I suggest joining the Kids Health group:   http://www.cafemom.com/group/110860

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Veggies and fruits, oatmeal, whole wheats
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• steaming all kinds of veggies and offering them as finger foods works really well.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2011