Anyone have some tips on making my hair grow long and luxurious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• There is a supplement called horsetail that is excellent for growing your hair.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have to confess that I am kind of experimenting on my DD my mom said that if I wanted longer and better hair to eat more fish she loves it and so far so  good the first pic is from a baby shower we went when she was 2she barely had hair for the pig tails

this is from 3 weeks ago she is now 4 I don't know if that would work  for an adult because in my case my hormones are making me loose all my hair 

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• She loves tuna and salmon I made her potatos filled with tuna too
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Genetics.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You can find over-the-counter supplements for Hair and Nails. They sound like prenatals, which work wonders on both hair and nails!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes and no. no because your hair will only grow so much.. however there are things that STUNT the growth of hair and by changing a few things you can allow your hair to grow to it's maximum potential.

eat healthy first off, your hair is what you eat as they say.. lots of protein(what the hair is made of). Also try some vitamins to make sure you are getting all your daily vitamins and minerals (this is why they say prenatals work, because they have an enormous about of vitamins that you don't typically eat enough of, thus you have healthier hair and nails, and it seems to grow faster).
    You can also try an OTC biotin vitamin. Biotin also helps in creating healthier hair.

Be sure to also have your hair trimmed regularly.. every 4-6 weeks.. if not those split ends will work as their own personal hair cutters when they break off randomly causing not only a misshaped style, but unhealthy hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• as for lusious, be sure you are using GOOD shampoo's and conditioners on your hair. Your stylist can recommend the best brand and type for your hair type, and be sure to listen to recommendations from them for other products. Also make sure you are using them properly. Shampoo a quarter size into the palm.. emulsify (or rub together between hands to activate the surfactants). Then scrub the scalp, rinse. Condition the ends of the hair only, not the scalp. If you condition the scalp it will cause build up and can slow down hair growth. Also consider a scalp massage at your local salon. Stimulation of the scalp can help generate hair growth to it's maximum potential as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• remember, you can only help your hair grow to it's maximum potential, once your hair gets to that point it won't grow any faster than that, so don't expect to gain 3 inches in a month. Maximum maybe of 1 1/2 inches a month pending on genetics, so be patient.
    Also, you can try looking into extensions. They vary in price, but if you want the hair here and now, that's the best way to go.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Some people say to sleep on a satin/silk pillow case because cotton ones can break your hair & cause split ends.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011