Divorce: what was the straw that broke the camels back?

what pushed you over the edge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• cheating
    Anonymous

• lying and cheating.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The first one: his 2nd DUI and humor about it
    The second one: he cheated and never acted sorry, only sorry for getting caught. also the fact that any time we talked, our DD would try to 'break it up' so she was thinking that any conversation that we had was an arguement...she was only 2.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I worked through his cheating but couldn't work through his hitting me

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Lying and cheating, short of money on his end glad that's over :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I didnt go through divorce but I did go through separating from my daughters father. I got past the cheating while away at work. When he was home I couldnt get through the cutting my pants open while i was sleeping to play with my genitals. Still to this day i have no idea what he did while i was sleeping because twice i slept through it and the 3rd time he was caught.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I got tired of being sworn at and shoved. The final thing was when he wanted a new scope for his hunting rifle. The one he wanted was $300. We didn't have that kind of money to just throw around. He said he could be an early Christmas present. As it was only a month before Christmas, I agreed.
    I didn't feel right not giving him any gifts at Christmas, so I bought him a few presents anyway. The items I bought totalled a little under $100.
    He seemed to enjoy his gifts, but apparently he thought about it and went online to see how much the gifts cost. He woke me up at 3:00am yelling and screaming at me for not spending enough on him. I tried to remind him about the scope, but he didn't seem to hear me. He refused to leave it alone and kept me up the rest of the night yelling at me and calling me names and shoving me when I tried to get away. (cont)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The next day he apologized and said he forgot about the scope, but I had enough of him constantly pulling that crap at that point. I started planning and saving money. About 8 months later after a fight where he had called me some really foul names and my then 4 year old son with autism started calling me the same namesand shoved me, I realized that the time was NOW. I needed to get our son out of that environment because he was learning those behaviors.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The final straw was when he slapped me in front of our children. It was the first and last fight we ever had in front of them, at the time they were 5, 4, 3, and a 4 month old. When the fight started just my oldest was in the room, his father asked him to go in the other room and he did. We fought more and at some point my 4 and 3 year old daughters had come in to tell us the baby had woken up from his nap but when they saw we were fighting they didn't say anything and just stood there, I'm sure they were afraid since they'd never seen me and their dad fight like that and then he slapped me and shoved me onto the floor - thats when I heard my daughters both gasp and start to cry. I looked at the door and saw my girls crying, the fear on their faces, I couldn't move - my son came in and pulled his sisters into the other room. He then very calmly told his father "Don't ever touch my mother again" and left the room.
    Anonymous

• When we had tried counseling and I still dreaded going home. I hated being there with him. I was tired of the fighting all the time. When neither of us acknowledged our anniversary I knew it was over. I left the next day.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011