When do you get rid of clothes

my cousin has a 2month old baby the other day her baby threw up on her clothes she jyst trashed them i tried to get them out but she took them and went hhome probley to throw her clothes away

rave88

Asked by rave88 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well sinceI have 2 girls what I do is whatever my oldest outgrows her clothes if they aren't stained up, torn or anything like that and they are cute I save them for my youngest to grow into. My youngest is so hard oin her clothes right now that I throw hers out when she is done with them. I don't throw them out as soon as they get stains on them I have her wear them a little while around the house and things until they are bad enough and start looking really bad lol. She is so hard on them I cannot get them clean lol. I always pretreat the stain a fewtimes though to try to get it out, but sometimes it wont come out and again I still keep them a little longer. I am not buying clothes for her to get new and just tuin them ones in less than a month as well lol. She just got an outfit for her birthday back in January and it is already stained I haven't throwen it away yet though. She still wears it lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Stains that will not come out. Tears that cannot be repaired. UGLY clothes that no one will wear - these go to Goodwill.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I throw out stained clothes. Why didn't she just put them in your washer? .. what a waste!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I get rid of clothes that have stained.  Everything from my older 2, I now keep for my younger 2. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I only throw them out when they are too small. I always find uses for stained or torn up clothing. When my kids were sick...I would put the stained jammies on or now that they are older they use them for painting or playing in the mud.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• why would you throw away clothes that are too small? That is certainly a waste! You could donate them to charity or give them to someone who could use them. I never throw away good clothes. Only things that are stained beyond help or torn beyond decent repair.
    Anonymous

• i've been told you should keep all clothes until you know for sure you won't be pregnant anytime soon. sell what you can, give away the rest. most baby clothes are too expensive to waste, i'm sure someone can use it
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 10:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011