How do you work from home?

So I really want to be home with my kids come next fall (I'm a teacher, so I have to finish this school year, but don't want to return next year) and am working on launching my own business. My problem is, I can't seem to find enough time to get everything up and running. My kids get up early (like 5:30 early), I'm busy caring for them during the day (currently on maternity leave), and by night I'm worn out. If you work at home, how do you set up your schedule? Any tips or resources that help you stay focused and productive? Thanks for your help. (If it helps with your answer, my kids are 4, almost 2, and 10 weeks)

gratefulmom913

Asked by gratefulmom913 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Even if you work from home you need a little office were you can work without distractions or you'll never get anything done you need to have at least 2 hours to be able to do what ever you need to do like invoices shipping what ever I work while my DD is at school and when she was younger I worked during the nights when she was sleeping
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You will need some sort of child care, either a sitter or day care center, or a co-op. I had an informal arrangement with two neighbors; we traded child care as needed.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I work from home and have been for nearly 3 years, I have a 5 , 3, and 6 week old...I DO NOT have an office, or childcare at all.
    I work in spurts throughout the day, and while the older one's are in school.

The most important thing is set a schedule and PLAN EACH DAY THE NIGHT BEFORE...make sure you stick to them.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You as a teacher can tutor, you can also teach online, be a writer, here are some ideas and aree list of companies that hire from home HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What type of business are you setting up?
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011