Easter gifts

What do you get your kids for Easter? We usually do the traditional basket and a gift to go with it. This year we are gonna get dd the Polly Pocket Cruise Ship and of course candy/chocolate. Do you buy gifts or just candy/choc? Do you have any fun traditions? We do an Easter egg hunt. My Aunt does "Find the Basket". She hides her kids baskets and they have to find them. She tells them that they bunny hid them. Its cute but nothing I ever did. What do you do?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• ~*Gifts & Basket*~... well the 3 and 5 year old get this... we just hand cash to our 15 year old (he out grew Easter)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I buy for my kids and my nephew because my sister buys for my girls, but anyway this is what I put in them. I get them each one stuffed bunny. Then I get them each a pack of bubbles and a pack of sidewalk chalk. Then I get them candy. Sometimes I will put makeup or something then cars or something for my nephew depends on what I buy. I shop for the easter stuff at the dollar tree though. What I do about there buckets. I always thought why buy a bucket you are going to throw out so since my oldest dd's first easter I have always bought a bucket for a sandbox and put there stuff in that so that they can use the bucket when they are done with it. I usually get them so much stuff I can't fit it all in there bucket lol. Although I do the same thing with my kids stockings, but it looks like it would fit until I buy it and start looking at the stuff lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Mine ds is 3 and loves money so we hide easter eggs and put dimes, nickles, and pennies in them. This year I am looking forward to coloring eggs with him :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My kids are only two, one, and two weeks .. so this easter will just be an Easter Egg hunt. However, the following Easters will include a gift to each of my kids from DH and I that has meaning. Whether it be a necklace, a picture to remember family or a moment in time, or whatever it may be. I don't want to do a bunch of random toys and candy, as there are two other Holidays that give those things. I want Easter's gifts to symbolize something and have meaning.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We used to do Baskets with gifts and a little bit of candy.. But this year we are going to do little wheelbarrows with summer time toys and a little candy and maybe a new outfit or two.. But we also color eggs and hunt them..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• For easter we always got a little bit of candy, a new outfit or two, our easter dresses, a necklace or earrings to go with dress, and a few movies(movies were for me and my sister to share of course).

I've been doing the same with my DD. Halloween is for candy and Christmas and birthdays you get presents, so we keep it simple.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 10:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Go to church as a family on Sunday THEN find the eggs were traditions while I was growing up... The night before we'd color the eggs and set outside so the Easter Bunny could hide them. ..
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We just get them a stuffed animal and some candy. Easter isn't huge at my house but we try to get the girls something.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We always base it on their ages and we always get them something nice, egg coloring and hunting is a big deal to ,afterwords the family is at my house having a Easter dinner!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I try to put stuff in the basket my dd can use in the spring like a beach towel, or swim cover up, sidewalk chalk...we always color egss and have an egg hunt.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011