What is the deal with the gas? I guess they said we was still getting gas last time that we will try again.

I don't see the point why stuff is going up. In this recession we are going through thing should be going down. I think when things go up paycheck should too.lol

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• gas is going up because of the civil unrest in Libya. They supply a whole 2% of the nations gas, ya I know, a whole 2%. But if this civil unrest starts to include Saudi Arabia. gas will hit at least $5 a gallon, cause Saudi supplys alot of gas approx 80% give or take of the nations gas.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That sucks
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's gouging anyway you slice it. Gas was $2.99 yesterday morning. Tonight it was $3.19 THAT is gouging.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Wow, I would love to pay 3.19 gas here is 3.59!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• They refine the stuff less than 200 miles from my home..it's not like it has to be shipped from Timbuktu after it's refined.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I hope it doesnt go to too much higher. DH has a 70 mile round trip to work and home everyday....he already uses $50 a week in gas.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It is already $4 in San Diego. We use XFT to get more mileage. You can buy it and learn about it at http://www.SaveFuelToday.GoXFT.com We save about $15 a week on average using it, we drive a Ford Focus, bigger cars save more.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Supposidly its because of Libya. My husband got gas today and it was 3.19, up 20 cents from last weekend. IMO its the gov's way of getting back our tax refunds. Funny how gas always goes up this time of year, isn't it?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was just thinking this same thing:

IMO its the gov's way of getting back our tax refunds. Funny how gas always goes up this time of year, isn't it?

But supposedly, as it's been said, it's because of Libya. But I've noticed for years that gas always shoot up around tax time.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What happens to your paycheck has little or no relation to the price you pay for gas. It would be great if it did! The cost of just about everything has gone up over the past 3 years and our wages have been frozen that entire time.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011