Has anyone used timing to successfully get pregnant with a girl? After having had two wonderful boys, I would love to have a little girl. I have heard that you can use "timing" to help increase chances of a girl. We had sex on days 9 and 10 of my cycle and now I just have to wait and see. I am worried that it was too early, but I was taking a friend's advice. Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with this?

JOberweis

Asked by JOberweis at 5:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did ! In fact, after my son turned 3, I was so ready for a baby, but we had been trying for the past year and nothing. So I did the timing thing. I read somewhere that a woman is most fertile 14 days after the start of her period. I did that and worked like a charm! You could also try an ovulation kit. And yes- I did have my daughter on that cycle. and now I'm pregnant at 36 weeks with my second daughter. When i was ready, and patient, my body took over. Good luck!
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• We tried "timing" (plus other things like positions and such) to get a boy for both pregnancies. The first time it worked, but this time we are having a girl. I think it really is all up to chance. Good luck with the girl though.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008