sharp pains in my leg, numb foot...?

I have been having a really sharp pain going all the way from my foot to the middle of my back, but just on my right side. It has been like that for a few weeks now. Whenever I walk or stand for a few minutes, the right side of my foot goes numb. It's weird, and I'm not sure what it could be. I don't really want to go to the doctor because I hate going to the doctor. My aunt said it could be a pinched nerve?? I'm not sure, anyone have any clue? thanks.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like my husband right now. He has 2 herniated disks in his back and it is horribly painful. He has been doing pt and has had 3 steroid shots to help with the pain. He goes Friday to see an orthopedic. Working with a pt and getting muscle relaxers and can help and in extreme cases surgery will alleviate the pain.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• That's what my guess would be as well. My mother in law had a bulging disc press on a nerve and actually lost partial use of her leg and foot. She had to have a minor surgery (to remove the bulging disc) and some physical therapy. Part of the reason she had to do so much was that she let it go without doing much about it. Definitely get it checked out if you can. I hope it's nothing serious.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008