Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support, ohio?

I am 17, I have livedo my own since I was 15, I live with my fiance who is 18, and our son, who is 5 months old. My dad pays my mom $335/mon for child support. He wants her to give it to me for bills, but shes an alcoholic so she blows it on booze. and gives excuses to why she needs it. My dad said he heard that the child support should go strait to me since I am out of the house, and have a baby. He also heard that she will have to pay back everything she hasn't gave me if he takes her to court, but he doesn't have the money for a lawyer. Anyone know anything about this stuff?


Asked by Jessica1991 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,438 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • You need to have yourself declared an emanicpated minor by the courts. Then your father needs to take YOUR paperwork to the courts to have his child support order stopped. He can then pay you directly. You should be able to get all of the directions for how to do this on the 'Net.

    Answer by Avarah at 1:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008