Is it safe for me to take a 5 hour energy while bfing?

Some days I just need a little extra energy. I don't drink coffee or much caffeine in general and don't want to start and I don't drink other energy drinks. I've only had a 5 hour once, years ago but would like to have them once in awhile now, but I don't know if it would be safe for my DS through the breast milk. I also don't want him to not be able to sleep because of it.

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 9:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Their website states that the regular formula has as much caffiiene as a cup of premium coffee. It also warns against use when preggo or bfing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• *maybe* right after a feeding so your body has time to metabolize it before he eats again but that is a HUGE does of caffeine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• There is no caffeine in 5 hour energy. There's also no sugar, guarana, or taurine.
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The bottle contains a warning "Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing". So, no, I would stay away from it until you wean. You can, though have a cup of tea or coffee if you need it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

What is in it that gives you energy?? Ive never taken it but its hard to understand that there is no caffeine. lol I would ask your dr and go from there. Or go on their website. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011