I'm sick and he's at a bithday party??

It's rare of me to get sick but I think I have the flu! My Body aches, I have a headache, and I'm burning up! We have a 3 year old and I can't watch her because I'm drowsy! My husband tells me he's gonna go to the gym and after that bowling with his boys. Then, he changed his mined and said "since your not feeling well, I'll come home after the gym." I have no problem with that. Hours past and I'm getting worst! I call him to ask did he go bowling? He tells me "oh it's my friend's birthday" REALLY?? Why wasn't that sh*t mentioned earlier? He tells me "calm down I'll be there soon." when his ass is sick, he acts as if he's dying! I'm there to take care of him! When I get sick, he's at a party?! When he get home he's taking care of our daughter! I physically can't care for her. When I get up the room is spinning. Ughhh men!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Giggles*~... the "MAN COLD"... hahaha

If he's gone while you are sick... consider it a break? Hahha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• ObbyDobby- She has a HUSABND that is also the father of the child and HE CAN TAKE CARE OF HIS OWN KID. There is NO reason she has to suffer.

OP: I would be DEMANDING that he come home and the next time he was sick, I woud IGNORE him and let him fend for himself. He is being disrespectful towards you and that is wrong. He is a husband and father now and his FAMILY comes before working out and going to birthday parites with his friends.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That's totally my husband! Ugh.
    If I'm sick....business as usual. When he's sick the world is ending!!!!!!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sounds like the hubby needs a little growing up to do. He should be taking care of his family instead of OUT WITH THE BOYS. How would he like it if he were sick and you were out with the girls? Not too much cuz all men are babies when they are sick! Uuuugh!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• remember this next time he gets sick and act the same to see how he likes it
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My SO is/used to be like this too. I remember when I had swine flu at one point I had to ask him to stay home from work the next day (in five years that is the only time I have ever asked him to not go to work) he fought with me into the wee hours of the morning that he wasnt going to I need to stick it out etc I had to scream, yell, cry, beg everything to get him to stay home while I am so sick I cant even get out of bed. He stayed home & the entire day I didnt move literally did not move b/c I couldnt. When he gets sick though its oh poor me let me rest bullshit I cant even have one day one day that is it to be sick really seriously ugh.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I can say that all men are not like that. I was in a near fatal auto accident almost four years ago and my husband has stayed by my side the whole time. He works, takes care of me and is there for all four of our children. The youngest is two. I have had 35 surgeries so far and he is there with me... always. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and he waits on me. I know I am blessed but reading about boys like this make me realize just how blessed. I am glad that my sons are being raised to respect and honor women.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. Next time he gets sick leave your daughter with him and go out and have a drink or two.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• OP- I was 22 when I had my 3rd child. What does age have to do with anything?

I'm not excusing his behavior, but you're behaving like a little spoiled brat yourself. Maybe once you grow up a little, and realize that it isn't all about you, your life will get easier.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Aww, hun. That sucks. If i'm sick, my hubby will basically cater to me. My daughter likes to crawl all over me though, so I understand that part. She does the same to hubby if he's sick. Next time he's sick, leave him at home with the kid and see how he likes it.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 11:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Lmao I hate that shit! My daughter is all over me and I keep telling her mommie is sick and she feels bad..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011