Do commercials work on your kids too?

Not just with the toys. We all remember seeing a toy on TV and wanting only that, until the next cool thing came along. I'm talking more like the commercials aimed for mom's and dad's. The cleaning product one's, car commercials that promote their "family" vehicle, vacations to disneyland, or my personal favorite (speaking in sarcasm with an eye roll) the "My baby can read" crap.
My son is influenced by all these commercials LOL. Just tonight I was making dinner and he comes running into the kitchen going "mom, can you buy me the my baby can read program? It's not just for babies, it for boy's too, and then I could read". I said "monkey, you already read..." He goes "oh yeah, well can I still have it?" OMG! lol
He's also wanted me to buy the MR. Clean cleaning products, wants the car that has the kid in the commercial who's "embarrassed" by his singing parents (don't know the actual car), and enjoys shopping at walmart because "they're always rolling back prices mommy!"
And the sad part is he doesn't watch much tv, he just really pays attention to commercials I guess. Anyone else been told why they need to buy Dawn dish soap versus another brand by their young children?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• OMG YES

My dd is 5 and the other day she asked for an automatic juicer. She also asked me If I wanted to order Xanadrine b/c it will help me loose weight...."thank you my lovely dd" lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• lol. i was like that
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 10:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• haha my three year old is starting to be that way. I cant think of anything specific at the moment but she does make refrence or mention of certain things from commercials that are not kid toys sometimes lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh, I posted too early lol. I'm also suppose to buy the "baby bullet" for his sister (due in July). Apparently my blender that I used for him isn't good enough, his sister NEEDS the baby bullet LOL
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011