Why do we feel the need to sit on other people?

I love to cuddle my babies and hubby. My children always want to sit on our laps. I find myself wanting to sit on hubby's lap. My boys like to climb on each other and when hubby was younger he would sit on his brothers when they were picking on him. Do we have any psych majors in cafemom land who may know?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 11:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Hey! that's all the bonding. It's feel so good to love & be loved.......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I believe it is something we carry with us from when we were young babies. When we were comforted, someone usually held it. It just makes you feel good, and safe :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't think it has anything to do with pshycology. I just think it's about bonding and being close to one another.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• In psychology, touch is essential to child development. It basically translates to love, attention and security. A lot of nonverbal communication comes from sensorimotor interaction.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-moral-molecule/200810/handshake-or-hug-why-we-touch

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/building-great-marriages/201003/touching-is-morse-code-love
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• NOPE !!!!!

It is called "LOVE", and some may make a big deal out of it ???

JUST IGNORE THEM.

I love family love, no problem at all ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thats not bad . is family care
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• "I don't think it has anything to do with pshycology. I just think it's about bonding and being close to one another. "
    that is psychology.
    the need for bonding and being close to each other basically is based on psychological needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011