Home Birth or Hospital Birth

lovelyheaven271

Asked by lovelyheaven271 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in

• Statistically speaking, any birth within 30 miles of a hospital is as safe as a birth within the hospital itself. You just call ahead if there are problems, and it takes the same amount of time for the staff to assemble whether you're there in advance or not!

Home birth with midwife for me!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I wish I had stayed home for my first because my doctor totally sucked and did somethings he shouldn't have that caused a c-section. I wish it was standard of care to be monitored by a midwife either at home or at the hospital or birth center with privileges and easy transfer when necessary. I wish doctor's didn't resent home birth and act like mom was a freak if a transfer became necessary. You really don't need a doctor 95% of the time. And they know that which is why the L&D nurses are in charge until the last 10 minutes. Half the time when an emergency occurs they have to call the doctor anyway. Midwives are better trained than L&D nurses (RN, BSN) So why aren't they routinely in charge? It makes no sense.  You should have to pick between home and hospital.  You should be able to easily move between the two.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• HOSPITAL! So much safer in my opinion.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• HOME.

Hospitals are for when you are ill, or going to die. They are inherently dangerous to laboring and birthing women, and to infants. The simple fact of exposure to disease is enough to keep me out of a hospital while laboring.

FACT- hospital births are NOT safer. Period.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I chose option C.  I had my last 2 children at a birthing center.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hospital with a GOOD doctor....Im not quite sure why people think that medical facilities are of the devil...a home birth sounds ideal I guess for some people..but I'll tell ya, I've been in a room at a hospital no less when a baby wasn't breathing...I was thanking God that the baby WAS at a hospital. Things don't always go as planned when you're having a baby.

Example...my labor was progressing beautifully at the hospital. Well, 2 hours into it, her head got stuck...my stats started dropping and I was an emergency C-section...No way in hell I would have wanted that at home...sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• As a mom who's experienced an emergency c-section, I'm going to say hospital birth all the way. You never know what could happen, I want to be somewhere where a NICU is just a jaunt down the hall, not an ambulance ride away. I don't see what's so evil about hospitals either, do you know how many babies lives are saved because they were born in a hospital, because there were specialists and medical equipment there that were needed for whatever medical emergency arose.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have had 2 hospital "births"
    I pick home!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Birthing center
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Of course hospital birth.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011