Discharge.. yuck adult content

i've been having very large amounts of discharge for about the last month or so. it seems kinda mucusy now, but a 3-4 weeks ago it smelled sort of vinegary/acidic. did anyone else have this or know if it's normal? i know i should ask my OB, but have only been going since 28 weeks (i'm 35 now) and am with a midwife group so i pretty much see some one different every time and am not comfortable with anyone enough yet to ask about something this personal (i know that sounds dumb). any advice?

this i did ask about: whenever i have sex i get so much pressure after that i can't hardly stand up the next day and it makes me never want to do it again. she said this was fine. did anyone else suffer through that? if you did, what did you do to get through it because i feel quite sorry for my dear hubby

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 11:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go to the doctor. I had that problem and they tested me and it was nothing. Just plain old discharge. But if it is something, you need to been seen and get meds.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 11:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• could be your mucus plug, is it a greenish color? that's normally the color of it...but if it smells, check with your OB just in case, it could be something else, like an infection. if it's an infection you want to get rid of it right away especially with how far along you are...having an infection while giving birth is not good for the baby at all...
    Anonymous

• I had similar problem during my pregnancy. My obgyn explained that due to the hormonal change, some women are prone to yeast infection, which was easily cured with over the counter medication. I would not recommend self-medicating since you are pregnant. Better safe than sorry. I know a lot of times people feel uncomfortable asking this type of questions, but to an experienced obgyn, it's like a walk in the park. He/she has seen it all.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had tht same problem and it would come and go well through my whole pregnancy i had 6 yeast infections i bet u thts what it is go to ur dr and have them check u the did a test on me and everytime it came up pos. tht i had a yeast infection the dr said it was cuz of my hormones but what ur describing is what i had the same, but i never really had all the presure but my husband was like ewww what is tht cuz its like thick white discharge n this sounds way beyond gross but if u "get excited" its like more comes out idk its gross and weird what being pregnant can do to a womens body
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Go to your gyneacologist & get the checkup done......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• no green. when it stunk it was creamy white. now it's usually clear
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my poor hubby's neglected enough that hemeroids wouldn't even scare him off.
    will anything happen if i just leave it alone? i've only got five weeks left (hopefully less) and it seems to have gone away on it's own so far.
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Id tell them
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2011