permanet marker removal?

My little one colored on my doors and my hardwood floor with permanet marker I bought a thing called goof off but its too strong. So I was wondering what would work to remove. Not so strong. Thanks!

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 9:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• try toothpaste or the magic earser from mr clean
    Anonymous

• This is a tough one. I can usually get out any kind of stain. The problem in this situation is both of the surfaces are porus and the permenant marker seeps deep into the surfaces.

I suggest you consider sanding the areas until the stain is gone. Then I would stain and varnish those spots. You might want to get a professional for the floors but I'd go to home depot and ask them how to do this spot yourself. If the door is painted, just paint over the spots.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• nail polish remover, works every time
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well I used the toothpaste on the floors and its all gone and I will try nail polish on the doors
    thanks for the tips
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 11:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• nail polish can take the varnish off of floors and doors so just be careful and test small areas first. but hairspray works sometimes on that type of stuff. Just saturate a papertowel with hairspray, and before the hairspray gets stick, start scrubbin the marker.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008