monthly visitor is way late....[sorry if TMI]

My son is going on 6 months and I still haven't had a period. My doc told me to take my birth control the 2nd sunday after I went home, i forgot but took it the third sunday. well I was bleeding slightly, but after I started taking the BC, it got so heavy I felt like I was wetting myself, it would go everywear. So I stopped taking the BC, and haven't had a period yet, and never started th BC back either. I took several home preg tests and all were neg. so I went to the health dept. and those were neg. so I know I am not preg. Anyone know what it could be? thanks.

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Health

• Hormones do weird things to you. I would go to dr and get checked for cysts on your ovaries. They will cause you not to have period. Stress can cause you not to have period.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I would go back to the dr just to get all checked out. But mine were very irregular after my kids too, to the point where I kept taking pg tests! I had the same thing happen when I started taking the BC, but I think I started it the day he told me... not sure now! But it can't hurt to go get checked out just in case it's something more.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had the same thing happen and I went to the dr and found out I have graves which can be brought on by pregnancy.I suggest you go to the dr and be checked out just in case
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 1:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2008