Can you fix a broken friendship?

If hurtful things have been said back and forth, could there still be hope for the friendship? Could issues be worked out and things go back to normal? I know God forgives and forgets, but it is so hard for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, but its going to be really hard. Both of you must put in the effort to meet each other halfway. Things will most likely NEVER go back to normal, but that doesn't mean that you guys can't make an effort to "work it out." Both must forgive and forget, it can't just be one and don't ever talk about the past once you guys make the effort to move forward. Good luck!
    bfabulous

Answer by bfabulous at 10:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I feel you on that situation. My best friend of 9 yrs betrayed me. She pretty much tried to take everyhting I had and suceeded but didnt get my man. After all this I still loved her. I couldnt forget about her and move on because I just didnt feel right. I forgave her. She could never be that close to me EVER again but I forgave her and feel 100 times better. I called we talked. It didn't change anything. It's kind of like a mutual understanding.
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 10:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You can but it will be the trust factor you will have to work. You both will always think in the back of your head, what did she say/what did she do etc....
    It will take time, but you can make it work
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm a hard head i guess. I just think once a good friendship is ruined it's over in most cases. I've tried going back to a broken friendship but it just never works for me.

Maybe it will work better for you.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• For me, It would depend on how truly sincere the offender has been about their appology & of course ultimately I have to be mutually sincere about my reparation. Although I always lived by the quote if you hurt me once shame on you if you hurt me twice shame on me. I guess it really all depends, you'll have to trust your instincts on this.
    Anonymous

• If the two of you want something badly enough you'll find a way to mend that broken fence.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• When you are really close to someone you are naturally going to have disagreements, and depending on the circumstances of the fight there could be hope. If you feel you can't trust her you would be better off moving on forgiving her and yourself. Give yourselves time to think about what caused the disagreement to begin with and is it worth losing a friend over?
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Trust is definately a big issue with me, but if you can't bring yourself to forget, you should really try to forgive for your own peace of mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008