Ever get mad at DH's job?

Not mad at HIM, not mad at his boss or co-workers .... just fed up to the eyeballs with his job. Sometimes it just seems like our whole lives are consumed with his job - everything is about the job. Just barely getting to see each other after 2 or 3 days or we're preparing for him to go right back again. So many times (lately) when he comes home we don't even get an hour together - he's gotta go to bed so he can sleep real quick and head back out again. And EVEN then, while he sleeps, I'm fielding calls on his work phone, running back and forth reading texts to determine if I need to wake him up or if I can let him sleep through that particular message..... it's just never-ending sometimes..... we're in the middle of one of those times right now. We talk about it all the time, we're constantly being interrupted by it, sometimes it even interrupts our intimate time.

(don't get me wrong, I am sooooo very thankful for his job - I know how blessed we are) . But sometimes, if I could wave a little wand over it and turn it into a piece of paper, I'd wad it up and toss it on a shelf for a while. (Being an oilfield wife is really difficult ~ BUT I love him more than I hate his job)

Do you ever get mad at his job?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My huband works from 7am to 8pm! And only makes $11 an hour. I almost feel like I dont have a husband and kids dont have a father bc he literally spends more time at work then at home.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• At his boss
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Bahahaha....my husband is a military man.....he's married to the Marine Corps and I'm his mistress...
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I am mad at the company he works for ( i used to work for them too) and they treat him horrible. People that he trained are moving up in the company and he isnt. He has always done overtime when they ask him to, he has been late 2 times in the whole 4 years he has worked there. He only called in sick once. And he missed one day when our first DD was born. There its all about who you know and not how well you work.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Hell yea! Except I'll have about 4hrs or less with him depending on when he wakes up. He's at work more than he's home when the baby come he better figure out something, it already makes me mad as it is its just not like it use to be. I'm so happy he has gotten promoted twice since we've been together and hoping for one soon so he could be home with us at night.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• That sucks. But I feel you.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 2:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Trust me when I say consumed... I mean CONSUMED.... Since Sunday I've got to spend maybe 1 and a half waking hours with him - TOTAL.
    He left Sunday, didn't come home till 9 AM Tuesday, went straight to bed, got up at 3, left again, (maybe saw him 30 minutes then) --- didn't see him again until Thursday morning when he came in about 7AM, slept till 1:30 -- got up. We sat down and ate together, spent a few minutes together - 2:00 get him ready to leave again. And he's gone by 2:30. And here is is 7:30AM and he's not home yet....maybe here in the next couple of hours he'll get here. Yep - Consumed.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• YES!! Just today I was bitching about backcharges from the client. It's like he has to constantly call and email and follow up to get what he is owed for jobs. So frustrating!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011